Thursday, July 21, 2005

You Are Called

So I typically spend my days sitting in awe at these people who I am so blessed to be among. It is such an honor, and such a challenge to me to look around and be amidst people of such strong faith. Though our days together have been few so far, I find they are constantly pushing me to grow. They all come here with so much to offer, and all I can do is sit and absorb from them. It is truly a privledge, though a very humbling experience nonetheless. We are all becoming so close, so quickly. It has been really tough the first few days being at that point where everyone is definately more than an acquaintance, though not yet close enough for physical contact, and to come from a week FILLED with hugs that never ended - such close beautiful human touch, to an absence of that has been hard. It makes you realize how much you crave someone's hand to hold, or shoulder, or hug because you know how much they love you for who you are. I had just finished writing about how desperately I needed some form of human touch and a presenter made us do an exercise that focused on the power of our hands, ending with the invitation to outstretch our hands and feel the pulse through the hand of our neighbor. It is moments like that that I am so grateful for your prayers, becuase I know He is listening to you, and is so very present with me. He even sent a JQ (Jim QUirk) look alike - similar looks, similar sense of humor, and he's even in my small group! Definately a comforting presence being here with someone I know quite well(sort of)!! (Needless to say, those barriers will and are slowly crumbling as we get to know each other so much better.) These JV's are such a fun-loving group of people - just willing to try anything. Tonight I taught everyone the shoe game (FRIES SOUNDOFF!!) and they LOVED IT!!!! then we proceeded to play tug of war and double dutch for hours!!!! There is just such an imminent sense of love and passion here that is becoming so very tangible.

Yesterday a few of the former JV's sat down the new JV"s who are going to Chuuk, and Majuro in the Marshall Islands and did a native Island farewell dance/song and gave us authentic island necklaces!!!! Their way of passing on the torch - and it was WONDERFUL!!!! our first real taste!! AJ, Chris and I have not taken off our necklaces!!! :-)

The days are LONG and INTENSE!! but definately helpful!!! In one of the sessions the presenter shared this with us, and I hope that you might enjoy it as much as I did. Just remember these words when you doubt yourself and your beauty....

You Are Called
There is an old tradition that the creator sends each person into this world with a special message to deliver, with a special song to sing for others, witha special act of love to bestow. No one else can speak my message, or sing my song, or offer my act of love. These have been entrusted only to me.

According to this tradition, the message may be spoken, the song sung, the act of love delivered to a few, or to all the people in a small town, or all the people in a large city, or even to all the people in the whole world. It all depends on God's unique plan for each unique person.

So from my heart, I want to say this to you - please believe that you have an important message to deliver, you have a beautiful song to sing, and a unique act of love to warm this world and to brighten its darkness.

And when the final history of hte world is written, your message, your song, and your love will be recorded gratefully, and forever.

1 comment:

Jtrunce said...

ARLEEEE & ANTER!!- i miss you soo much LOVE!!! BPOKANE!!! MAAN i hope you're rockn' out in COLORADO!!!! I think about you guys all the time - take care of the hounds for me - I know that they're in such good hands - this is YOUR TEAM NOW BABY - take it & run with it!!! and dont' forget to keep me in the loop - you guys mean more to me than you know!! THank you for your support!!