Monday, July 25, 2005

Fo' REAL!!??

OHHH MAANNN they just handed out our plane tickets today!!!! That was a reality shock I was not expecting!! Of course it's exciting - but now that the tickets are IN OUR POSESSION - it is much more real than before!! We leave Scranton at 5:30 AM Monday morning for Newark airport along with the groups going to the Marshall Islands and Belize. THe Belize kids fly to Dallas & then on to Belize and will arrive around 2 in the afternoon on the 1st. The Island groups however fly directly to Honolulu around 1:30 pm - spend 2 nights in Hawaii and fly out to Micronesia and 7AM on August 4th!!!! ha ha yeah we are pretty amped!!

This week continues to be wonderful - though filled with so many ups and downs!! Just sooooo much to struggle with in preparation for this craaazzyyy adventure, but it's good because I know I'm being pushed in ways i've never been pushed before. The past few days i've gotten up to run with some of the runners in the group - there are SOO MANNYY!!! And daily we either round up some competetive games of basketball or ultimate!!! Since we're sitting in sessions all day - ANYTHING we can do to run around has been fantastic!!! Ha ha - AJ, Chris and I also conducted a RAP battle for one of our evening activities!!! I have a feeling between the 3 of us - we are never going to be at a loss for creativity. We had Mass at the Jesuit Residence yesterday and it was simply amazing, definately a highlight of the week - to be in a space SOOO filled with the Holy Spirit, so filled with faith. I was simply overwhelmed, everyone sang, everyone prayed, everyone held hands at the Our Father everyone was so passionately devoted to being in that space for that hour - i did not want it to end!!! again - i reiterate - these people blow me away!! So then I'm leaving the Jez Rez after a fantastic bbq and who do i run into - but the one & only Netterzzzzz - and i'm seeing my parents todayyy on the afternoon break that they give us!!! I'm being soo spoiled because I live so close!!! However - that in itself is quite the culture shock - to be in a place where I AM THE ONLY ONE FROM JUST OUTSIDE PHILLY!!! There is a kid from Jersey City and the Bronx - and taht's IT!!!! everyone else is from all over the country & I LOVE IT!!!
So all in all the week has been great, and I know this upcoming week is going to get much more intense as emotions will run strong, fears deep and as we become more vulnerable to the experiences that await us. Thank you for your continued support and prayers - you have no idea how it continues to pull me through on a daily basis. I know that because of you all the Lord is working double time to be present with me through these few weeks!!! and I am so very grateful!! So with a little help from the inspiration of Lynette - I share my prayer/His words in response to your faith:

I am committed forever to love you; to do whatever is best for you. I will be kind, encouraging and enabling, but I will also be challenging. At times I will come to comfort you in your affliction. At other times, I will come to afflict you in your comfort. Whatever I do, it will ALWAYS be an act of Love and an invitation to Growth. I will be with you to illuminate your darkness, to strengthen your weakness, to fill your emptiness, to heal your brokenness, to cure your sickness, to straighten what may be bent in you, and to revive whatever good things may have died in you. Remain united in me, accept my love, enjoy the warmth of my friendship, avail yourself to my power and you will bear much fruit. You will have life in all its fullness. I Love You....
Your Jesus

1 comment:

Jtrunce said...

AHHH GUYS - you keep me going!! THank you for your posts and for your support - they mean the world to me!!!! Kathryn - i hope balto is treating you well - it's soo wonderful to hear from you!!MURPHDAWG!!! ha ha you ALWAYS Make me smile!!! always lettn' your love flow - go on and do that thannngg!! Kate & Meaghan - man i think about collegium all the time - and talk about you guys like it's MY JOB!!!!!! keep being beautiful!!!